Daycare Requirements & Applications
DAY CARE REQUIREMENTS
Dogs will be spending time with other dogs and it is of utmost importance to us that they be healthy and safe. We also want you to be secure in knowing that your dog is indeed healthy and safe when in our facility. Day care is also not right for every dog. Please feel free to talk to us about your own dog and whether or not day care is the right choice for you both.
Please be aware: even though all feasible precautions are taken, because your dog is spending time with other dogs, he/she is at greater risk for contracting communicative viruses/infections (“kennel cough,” respiratory viruses, eye infections etc.). Therefore, if your dog is showing any signs (runny nose/eyes, cough) please leave him at home until given a clean bill of health.
- All dogs using day care must have a completed, current application on file. Day Care Application
- All dogs using day care must have an initial consultation/evaluation ($10.00 non-refundable fee). Please refer to the application for more info on the evaluation.
- All dogs must have proof of vaccinations deemed necessary by his/her own veterinarian. (ex. DHPP, Rabies, Bordatella)
- All dogs must be spayed or neutered (exceptions made for puppies under 6 months).
- All dogs must be 12 weeks or older (unless attending our day training program). Special considerations are made for puppies–extra attention to socializing is key to the pup at this time and is extremely important to us. Extra charges may be incurred if housebreaking work needs to be done (on dogs of any age). We use the crate training method of housebreaking.
- All dogs must be in good health — they must have had a physical exam in the last 12 months and tested negative for parasites on a fecal examination.
- All dogs must be non-aggressive and not food or toy protective to an unmanageable degree.
We have the right to refuse admittance to any dog if we deem the dog unsuitable for the environment in which he will be placed.